Sign Up For Newsletter
As a nonprofit we succeed through the generosity of our donors. Make a one time or recurring donation today.
JBRF’s 2022 Webinars
Get ready, because JBRF is kicking off a monthly webinar series you won’t want to miss!
Join us for one hour each month to learn all about childhood bipolar & Fear of Harm, JBRF’s latest initiatives, hear from families living on the front lines, and get guidance from professionals on how to navigate school, home, and the community while living with bipolar disorder and Fear of Harm.
If you missed our Community Briefing Webinar event from December 15th, 2021, you can view a recording of it by clicking the button below.
2022 Webinar Schedule*
Tuesday the 25th, 1-2pm eastern
- Join us as we welcome Dr. Herbert Lachman, professor of psychiatry and Behavioral Science at Albert Einstein College of Medicine for a discussion on the genetics of bipolar disorder, the genetic strategies used to find genes in psychiatric disorders, and the phenotype of bipolar we call Fear of Harm.
Wednesday the 16th, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- A back-to-basics look at what bipolar disorder symptoms look like in children, how that differs from adult symptoms of bipolar disorder, why practitioners often miss bipolar in children, and how the new diagnosis called Fear of Harm fits into the puzzle.
Wednesday the 23rd, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- A webinar for mental health practitioners to learn more about how to identify, diagnose, and treat Fear of Harm effectively. Discussions will cover how to understand symptoms, how to support the families you work with, and how to find professional support for yourself as you navigate this new diagnosis. Families are also welcome to attend to learn more about how to work collaboratively with their treatment providers.
Wednesday the 20th, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- Join Research Director, Dr. Demitri Papolos, and Executive Director, Elizabeth Errico, for a run down of everything that’s going on at JBRF. We’ll talk about current research projects, as well as review what’s new in JBRF’s education, outreach, and advocacy programs.
Wednesday the 18th, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- Join JBRF executive director Elizabeth Errico as she welcomes two JBRF families to talk about the life transforming power of getting the correct diagnosis and treatment for bipolar and Fear of Harm. Too often families are isolated in their struggles with these challenging disorders. As part of the JBRF community no family needs to face bipolar and Fear of Harm alone.
Wednesday the 22nd, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- Cool, cool, cooling for the hot, hot, summer. Families and practitioners alike, come learn about how to use simple at home cooling strategies to manage Fear of Harm symptoms all summer long. We’ll explain how to develop plans to integrate these thermoregulation techniques into daily life in order to reduce overheating and make sleep, moods, and life more manageable.
Wednesday the 20th, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- Join JBRF as we focus on understanding thermoregulation, the hallmark symptom of Fear of Harm. Practitioners, how do you gather information from families about temperature dysregulation? Parents, how do you know what to look for and report it to providers? Patients, what does it feel like to have your temperature out of control? Come get answers to all this and more at this month’s webinar.
Wednesday the 17th, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- As you get ready to send your kids back to school, come learn with JBRF about the IEP & 504 plan development process, how to communicate about your child’s mental health issues with school staff, and how to ensure your child has the right accommodations to succeed in school.
Wednesday the 21st, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- Another installment in our back-to-basics series: We’ll go over how diagnoses are made, what bipolar disorder looks like in children, how to tell it apart from other diagnoses like ADHD and DMDD, and how the new diagnosis called Fear of Harm fits into the puzzle. If you couldn’t attend our February webinar, then this one is a “can’t miss”.
Wednesday the 19th, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- Join us for a webinar on managing mental health crises with certified Paramedic Luke Meehan. Learn how to deescalate, how to stay safe, when to call 911, and what your options are once the police and medical personnel arrive.
Tuesday the 15th, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- The changing of season from fall to winter brings temperature fluctuations, changes in the clocks, and behavioral challenges. At this webinar you’ll learn about simple at home techniques you can use to make these seasonal transitions easier on the whole family.
Wednesday the 14th, 7:30-8:30pm eastern
- As the year draws to a close join us again for a round up of everything JBRF has been working on in 2022 and what’s ahead in 2023. JBRF Research Director, Dr. Demitri Papolos, and Executive Director, Elizabeth Errico, will review recently completed research projects, preview upcoming publications, and report on what’s new for JBRF’s education, outreach, and advocacy programs.
*Schedule and topic may be updated as availability requires.